Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center | Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center | FAQs | Etiquette
Everything you need for a complete workout is at your fingertips! The strength area is located on the main floor and consists of 160 machines which add diversity so individuals of all fitness levels can enjoy a quality workout.
The cardio area is located on the third floor and includes 80 machines and a three-lane, 1/7 mile Mondo walking/running track. The majority of our cardio equipment has Sharp Aquos personal televisions to keep you going. The cardio deck at the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center also features the ReRev system! See how we go “green” and burn calories at the same time!
No matter your style, Blatt has the equipment to keep you in shape. The strength area is located on the third floor, with 13,200 square feet of space for equipment!
There are two cardiovascular areas located at the Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center that provide excellent options for every individual’s training goals and needs.
- The reserved area is located on the main floor and includes Precor and SciFit equipment. Reservation sheets are at the Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center front entrance.
- The second area is located on the balcony of the weight room and includes Precor, Stairmaster, and Concept II.
What’s your speed? PEC offers:
- recumbent bikes
- upright bikes
Are flip flops allowed in the S&C area?
No, only closed toe athletic shoes are allowed in the S&C areas.
How do I use a particular machine?
The S&C staff will show you how to use any equipment. You can either ask a staff at the desk or see the orientation tab to set up a time.
Where is lost and found?
Lost and found is located at the equipment issue desk on the bottom floor beside the indoor pool.
Is it OK to come right after class?
Yes, please make sure you are wearing the appropriate attire. Please change your clothes in the locker rooms. All personal items should be placed in a day use locker located in the strength area.
What is the appropriate attire?
Full-backed, unaltered t-shirts, shorts, warm-up suits, sweat suits, and closed-toe athletic footwear are required work-out attire.
No Crocs, Scrubs, water shoes, sandals, open-toe shoes, hard-soled shoes, string tank tops, cut-off tank tops, mesh tank tops, jeans, pants with visible zippers, damaging buttons or anything that compromises the safety and professionalism of the weight and fitness rooms are prohibited
Is there a time limit for machines?
No, but please use proper workout etiquette. Limit use to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
Can I cut through the weight room to get to the outdoor pool?
No, please use the entrance on the bottom floor.
Are wipes for personal use?
No, the wipes provided have a cleaner designed for machines. Please provide your own personal towel.
I noticed a machine isn’t working properly. What do I do?
As soon as you notice something wrong with a machine, please inform the S&C staff member on duty.
Can I move equipment?
No, equipment placement has been specifically designed to stay in areas for safety. Please re-rack your weights.
Should I re-rack weights on machines?
Yes, please return free weights and barbells to their original position.
How clean are the machines?
The S&C staff cleans each machine daily. Please do your share by wiping off your sweat and throwing away wipes.
Follow staff directives, etiquette practices, and demonstrate courtesy towards others in the room at all times.
• Do not monopolize equipment.
• Wipe off equipment when finished.
• Allow others to work through.
• Clothing and shoes must be clean and free of mud, dirt, and grass.
• Strip bars completely when finished.
• Please be patient when waiting for equipment, and be efficient when using equipment while others are waiting. Do not sit on machines when you are between sets. (Allow others to work in.)
• Please do not spit in the water fountains.
• Constantly harassing student staff, inappropriate comments, and sexual harassment will not be tolerated.