Group Exercise classes are a fun way to stay motivated and reach your personal fitness goals! Simply purchase a pass to enjoy all that we have to offer each semester.
Who’s eligible to participate in Group Exercise?
|Individuals with access/membership to the Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center are eligible to participate in GX classes at the PE Center (provided they purchase a GX Pass).||Blatt guests and dependents under age of 16 are not eligible for GX classes.||For more information about facility access and memberships please click here or contact the PE Center Business Office at (803) 777-5261.|
|Individuals with access/membership to the Wellness & Fitness Center are eligible to participate in GX classes at the Wellness & Fitness Center (provided they purchase a GX Pass).||Strom guests are not eligible for GX classes.||For more information about facility access and memberships please click here or contact the Wellness & Fitness Center Business Office at (803) 576-9375.|
Schedule, special events and cancellations
|Aug. 24-Sept. 4: Group Exercise preview week
Aug. 29: BODYPUMP cancelled
Sept. 5-7: Labor Day weekend
Sept. 12: No GX / home football game
Sept. 25-27: Parents Weekend … bring a parent/relative to a GX class for free!
Sept. 25: HIIT Fit at 4:30 p.m. & Cycle at 5 p.m. cancelled for Parents Weekend Beach Bash
Sept. 26: Parents Weekend 5k – Register online
Oct. 3: BODYPUMP cancelled for BODYPUMP certification
Oct. 4: Zumba cancelled for BODYPUMP certification
Oct. 10: No GX / home football game
Oct. 12: Outdoor Bootcamp cancelled
Oct. 17: No GX / home football game
Fall Break GX Schedule:
Oct. 22: all GX classes after 4:30 p.m. are cancelled
Oct. 23: all GX classes afternoon are cancelled
Oct. 24-25: No GX classes
Nov. 11: No GX / home football game
Nov. 21: No GX / home football game
Nov. 24-29: No GX classes
Dec. 4: Last day for fall GX schedule
Dec. 7-11: Exam week GX schedule (to be announced)
|Fall .pdf schedule
ALL SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE; classes may be temporarily or permanently cancelled due to low participation or other reasons not specified.
Charles Anderson, Fitness Director: (803) 576-9371
Andrea Bruski, Fitness Coordinator: (803) 576-5564
Become a Group Exercise Assistant (instructor-in-training)
Review the job description and apply here.
Certifications available: Aerobics & Fitness Association of America (AFAA), American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine, Les Mills, ZUMBA, Schwinn Indoor Cycle Training, Spinning, YogaFit Training Systems
• All eligible participants must purchase a GX Pass. Purchases can be processed at the WFC or PEC Business Office, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Please have cash or check ready. Carolina Cash is only accepted at the WFC Business Office.
** If you need special accommodations, please contact the fitness director, Charles Anderson.
• Participants must present a valid GX Pass to the GX staff on duty in order to gain entrance to classes. Anyone without proper ID will not be permitted to participate.
• All classes are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.The GX staff reserves the right to determine class maximums based on available equipment and facility space.
• For reasons of safety and courtesy, no one will be allowed to enter class more than 10 minutes after the official start time. The GX staff reserves the right to deny participants entrance if they are late.
• All schedules are subject to change. Classes may be temporarily or permanently cancelled based on low attendance or other reasons not specified. Updated schedules will be posted to the web and at class locations.
• It is strongly recommended that you bring water and a towel to each class.
• All personal belongings (other than a GX Pass, water and towel), should be placed in daily lockers. The GX and/or Campus Recreation staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• With the exception of Yoga, Pilates and Barre Works classes, participants must have athletic footwear.
• The use of iPods, cell phones and other personal electronics is prohibited when classes are in session.
• To replace a lost GX Pass: Stop by the WFC or PEC Business Office, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.