About the Bike Shop
Outdoor Recreation is excited to offer a wide range of bicycling based services to all University of South Carolina students, faculty, and staff. Our goal at the Bike Shop is to provide you with the knowledge to maintain and repair your bike (at home or on the trail), empower you to ride confidently, and at last, make bike repairs fun! We work one-on-one with you to teach you everything you need to know regarding your bike. The best part is that the services that are provided at the Outdoor Recreation Bike Shop are totally FREE!
Download a brochure here.
At the Bike Shop, our trained and experienced mechanics are able to provide a variety of services, including:
- repair flats*
- brake and gear adjustments
- parts replacement*
- wheel truing
- assemble new bikes*
*Unfortunately, we are unable to stock any bike specific parts. Once the problem has been diagnosed by our staff, they will call you with the part(s) that will need to be purchased from any of the local bike shops.
We are also proud to offer:
- One-on-one mentoring for those interested in learning the art of bicycling wrenching
- An extensive assortment of tools and bike shop equipment that will allow you to perform any repairs
- A variety of educational and skills based monthly clinics every semester
- Clinic itineraries range from learning to ride your bike more effectively, to common field repairs to get you home, to commuter tips and tricks
- Adventure based mountain bike trips to a variety of trail systems throughout the Southeast
- An extensive library of biking videos and resource books. They are available for USC students, faculty, and staff to rent out at no cost.
- The Abandoned Bike Project; putting impounded bikes back into the hands of students, faculty, and staff!
The Bike Shop is located at the Outdoor Recreation Office in Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness center; room 120. If you are bringing in a bike, we ask that you bring it around to the back of the Strom. Please review our map for directions.
- Join the Outdoor Recreation Bike Shop at the Healthy Carolina Farmer’s Market every Tuesday on Greene Street. The Market will start at 10am and last until 2pm. The Bike Shop will offer bike services including but not limited to: flat repairs (bring your own tube), general tune-ups, brake and gear adjustments, etc. Click here for more information regarding the Farmer’s market. We hope to see y’all out there!
Where: Greene St. outside Russell House
When: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., March 19, 26 & April 2, 9, 16, 23
Other areas of interest
- Our friends at Vehicle Management & Parking Services have compiled a reference guide of laws and best practices for riding on and around campus. The Bike Shop strongly suggests that you register your bike through VMPS. You can register your bike at the Bike Shop, at the Farmer’s Market on Tuesdays on Greene Street, or by clicking here.
- Need written directions for bike routes around Columbia?
|Outdoor Recreation Events|
|Adventure Trips||Paddlesports||Special Events|