The Office of Campus Recreation is proud to be one of the largest employers of students at the University of South Carolina. Approximately 200 students are hired annually to service the recreational needs of the Carolina Community.
The majority of the budget allocated from student fees is returned to the student body in the form of wages. The services rendered by student employees are crucial to the success and operation of the program. The Office of Campus Recreation recognizes that these wages may complement funds needed to pay for the cost of a college education. Thus, whenever possible, students will be hired.
Employment Opportunities available throughout the year are listed below.
Facility Building Assistant
- Equipment Issue
- Office Assistant
- Welcome Desk
- Officials: Flag Football, Softball, Indoor Soccer & Indoor Volleyball
- In order to work this fall, you must attend an Officials’ Call-Out Meeting, either Tuesday, August 28 or Wednesday, August 29 at 8 p.m. in Currell College 107.
- No experience is needed – All training is provided – Flexible scheduling – Pay starts at $8.25
- If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with which sport you are most interested in and we can keep you updated with our Call-Out Meeting info.
- Assistant (instructor in training)
- Climbing Wall staff
- Challenge Course staff
- Bike Shop staff
- Office and Equipment staff
- Head Guards
- Swim Lesson Instructors
- Lifeguard Instructors
- Certified Pool Operators
**All aquatic positions require a current certification for Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, AED**
**Oxygen Administration and Preventing Disease Transmission is preferred**
If you are interested in one of these positions listed above at the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center, complete and submit the application to the following address:
Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center
1000 Blossom Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Fax: (803) 576-9370
If you are interested in one of the positions listed above at the Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center, complete and submit the application to the following address:
University of South Carolina
Office of Campus Recreation
202 Blatt PE Center
Columbia, SC 29208
Fax: (803) 777-6250